Becoming a member of the Oregon Homeschool Science Club (OHSC) opens up opportunities to participate in a wide variety of science activities as well as on-site classes.
Opening and Closing term events– We begin each term with one of OMSI’s well known Science Assemblies and conclude the term with a featured film. Reservations are open.
Classes and Labs — Members may sign up for one or two classes for a term or the year. Rolling enrollment by availability. OHSC Block Schedule 2016-2017
OMSI Science Assemblies — TBA
OMSI Science Films — TBA
OMSI -OHSC Outdoor School at the Newport Discovery Center — October 2017. Enjoy a homeschool family outdoor school experience at the coast. Parents and scientists enjoy the beach, labs, activities, hikes, tours . . . and “camp” in the brand new cabins for the two nights. Reservations will reopen for the coming year in March 2017.
Throughout the year — Members have the opportunity to sign up for any of the special science events or extra classes posted through the email news. On-going sign up.
- Fill out the OHSC OMSI-2016-2017 Registration and read the OHSC Policies 2016. Return with membership fee to the address on the bottom of the registration form.
- Read through our program descriptions of classes/labs, Outdoor school, trips, and special events. Start selecting courses or events. Activities do fill up, so be patient and try some different options until your scientist’s favorite class has an opening.
- Sign up for our Email Announcements on lower side bar.
- Request password for private pages once your registration has been accepted.
- Contact us at any time for 2016-2017 events or availability. firstname.lastname@example.org
Charter School payments: Charter school payments are due August 1st. Please contact me, with school contact information to create your invoice. If your Charter School does not make payments (full or partial) until September, please make your payment in full before August 1st. Charter schools must pay by September 30th, your remembursement will be issued October 15th.